Sunday, September 23, 2007

One Amazing Woman!


This is my Grandmom Cook. She is here for two weeks to meet our newest family member Alysse May (Marci's little girl). I wish I had the room to tell all the amazing stories of her extra-ordinary life. She is the wife of a Naval Captain that survived Pearl Harbor, among other things. She has mingled with some very big people, Marilyn Monroe to name one(which I still can't get over!). And most importantly she is the mother of two daughters, which she mostly raised alone due to my Grandfather being out at sea ALOT!
I just love and respect her more then words can tell! We are all trying very hard to convience her that it is time to move up here and live close to us so we can make as many memories with her as possible. But, like it would be for anyone, it is a hard thing to leave her long time home in San Diego and move somewhere that is cold and unfamiliar.

Love you G.G.!

No comments: